Monday, November 4, 2013

"Poem In the Snow"

"Poem In the Snow"
by Albert J. Taylor
IDEALS Christmas Magazine 1959
 
 

My child, did you but know it, you have left
There in the snow, where you have now just played,
A poem, in the tracks you've made; you've reft
My notice with that man of snow you've made.

Yet I must wonder if it's not so much
What you have done as what a longing does;

For, foolish though I be, I feel the touch
Of fancy when the dancing snowflakes goes.

The things that you do now, I've done them all --
I've run out shouting and a-flinging snow,
And with cold-bitten fingers rolled a ball
Of winter's white, and made my man of snow.

That's why, as I stand dreaming here, I see
The poem in the snow you've left for me.
File:Auburn Alabama Snowman 2009.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

Billie C.


Thanksgiving countdown banner

Christmas countdown banner

No comments:

Post a Comment