Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Jiffy Cake Mix Gingersnaps

Since it's just the two of us, I don't want to make a huge batch of cookies. I also don't want to make something in the microwave since I would have to turn off my heater to do that.  (30 amp service limits how many things I can have on at one time)  I went looking and these sounds perfect for today. 
 
Jiffy Cake Mix Gingersnaps
(15 - 20 Cookies)
 

1 pkg. "JIFFY" Golden Yellow Cake Mix  2 Tbsp. margarine or butter, melted
1 tsp. ginger    2 Tbsp. dark molasses
1/2 tsp. cinnamon   1 Tbsp. water
1/8 tsp. cloves    1/2 cup sugar
 Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine cake mix, ginger, cinnamon and cloves. With fork, blend in margarine or butter, molasses and water. Chill dough for easier handling (optional). Roll into balls the size of walnuts. Dip in sugar and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10 – 12 minutes.
 

Billie C.
.....




No comments:

Post a Comment