Sunday, September 30, 2012

September 30

 
Fireside Sippers-Christmas
Ingredients
Hot cocoa mix
Peppermint candy cane
2 Marshmallows
Directions
Make cocoa according to directions
Thread 2 marshmallows on to candy cane
Put candy cane into cocoa and use as a stirrer
* * * * *
Freezing Cookies
 
I find that it helps to be able to bake when I can and freeze my cookies. That way they are always fresh when I give them as gifts or serve them to my guests.
 
Here are a few hints that I have found. You can either freeze your raw cookie dough or the baked cookies.
 
I have found that most dough like the standard cookies, chocolate chip, peanut butter, shortbreads, sugar cookies freeze well. If you freeze the dough be
 
sure to wrap them very well, so they don' t pick up any odors from other foods in your freezer. I generally wrap it in saran wrap and put it in a ziplock
 
freezer bag and store that in an airtight plastic container. This extra protection, will help keep it from getting freezer burn. I suggest only keeping
 
the dough for a month. Longer than that, I am not sure how good it would be. You can thaw the dough in your refrigerator.
 
I usually freeze my cookie after I have baked them. Always make sure they have cooled completely. I wrap them in saran wrap well and place them in an airtight
 
container. Always put crisp cookies together and soft cookies together. Don't put them together in the same container.
 
When I plate them, to give as gifts, I always wrap the soft ones so they don't make the other soft.
 
 
* * * * *
 
Blue Christmas
 
 

As sung by Elvis Presley

I'll have a blue Christmas without you
I'll be so blue thinking about you
Decorations of red
On a green Christmas tree
Won't be the same
If you're not here with me

And when those blue snow flakes start falling
And when those blue memories start falling
You'll be doing all right with your Christmas of white
But I'll have a blue, blue, blue, blue Christmas

Ooh
Ooh
Ooh
Ooh

Decorations of red
On a green Christmas tree
Oh, won't be the same
If you're not here with me

I'll have a blue Christmas, that's certain
And when that blue heartache starts hurting
You'll be doing all right
With your Christmas of white
But I'll have a blue, blue Christmas

Mmmm

 
* * * * *
 
 
Wintry Hurricanes
 
Wintry Hurricanes

Give basic glass hurricanes a winter wonderland makeover with large snowflakes. Use strips of white tape and round white stickers to create snowflake patterns on the outside of the hurricanes. Add 3-D dot stickers to the snowflake designs. To make the display pop, nestle the hurricanes in a tray of colorful Christmas ornaments and sparkly tinsel.

 
 
 
* * * * *
 
Things to do at Christmas time, Tour Colonial Williamburg, even if it's via the internet.
 
 
 
 
* * * * *

 
 
* * * * *
 
When we say Christmas stars, we mean the star of Bethlehem; it is a very popular Christmas tree topper. According to Christian tradition, it is the star, which revealed the birth of Jesus to the Magi or the 'Three Wiseman'. The star not only revealed the birth, but also led the Magi to Bethlehem.
 
 
 
 
 
* * * * *
 
 

Billie C.

No comments:

Post a Comment