Saturday, August 4, 2012

An old family favorite. When my Grandmother was in her last weeks on Earth, I went to stay with her and my mother to help both of them out. I also got to raid my mothers' recipe box while I was there. My own family had just been through a fire that took almost everything we had, a couple of month earlier. It was a very hard year for us, that year. My mom made sure I had access to her recipe box, so that I could re-make my own recipe box with some of the foods I grew up with.

Here is one of those recipes..




Mashed Potato Candy

1/4 C Hot Mashed Potatoes

1 3/4 C Powder Sugar

1 1/2 c Flake Coconut

1/4 tsp Orange Zest (any Citris Zest will work)

3/4 C Chopped Nuts

1 tsp melted Butter

1/2 tsp Vanilla

Combine potatoes and butter. Add sugar and beat well. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Drop by spoon onto wax paper covered cookie sheet, or form into a roll, chill and slice. Keep in closed container.

These are a family favorite every year, And any kid can make them...

From My Mom's recipe box.

No comments:

Post a Comment